Overview of what we do
We run eco retreats all year round which are suitable for complete beginners to regular yoga practitioners.
A big part of our retreats are the daily guided outings, outdoor activities, the social side of meeting new and interesting people, amazing food and good fun.
Most people come on their own to our retreats.
Work experience position
We are looking for an Advertising, Pr & Marketing student to come on board to gain work experience in this small family run Ecotourism business.
We are in the process of broadening our Branding so that we will appeal to people looking for EcoTourism packages rather than focussing our marketing on just people who are interested in yoga and meditation.
Our fundamental packages will remain the same as we have always had a large amount of our retreats has always been the time we spend in Nature and the care for the environment and it’s biodiversity.
However we feel that we could benefit from a broadening of our Branding so that we will attract in people who may be primarily interested in the Nature and Eco side of what we offer, and may not be interested at all in the yoga or meditation side of our retreats.
The applicant must be very interested in Ecotourism and must also have skills and/or prior experience in the area of Advertising, PR and/or Marketing preferably in Ireland.
The work areas you will be involved with will include
- learning more about the main concepts of Ecotourism
- reading and reviewing our existing documentation which details the environmental and ecotourism aspects of this small business
- help improve our documentation in this area
- identify and contact relevant journalists and other contacts to help us promote the centre especially those who promote ecotourism projects
- prepare press releases and information sheets to send out to journalists wth a large focus on the Ecotourism aspects of our business
- be prepared to drive new marketing strategies and initiatives
- Write and improve content on website
- work with us to identify and develop further ecotourism possibilities for both the business itself and how we market the business
- work with content on existing website to make text crisp and succinct but friendly and highlight the ecotourism aspects
- proof read content being prepared for our new website
- Write and/or edit articles on ecotourism, yoga and nature retreats, and yoga retreat holidays
- work creatively to find other methods of getting the word out about the centre including YouTube videos, Facebook and more
It is important that the candidate has
- very good English writing skills
- a good flair to their writing
- be familiar with sending out Press Releases or other means of contacting journalists, or at least willing and interested to learn
- be interested in yoga and/or self development
- be friendly, polite and confident working with other people and with guests
- be self motivated, hard working and interested to learn
- have prior experience with Ecotourism or have a genuine interest in this area
Although this post would be initially work experience, we hope that it would lead to a part time or possibly full time position at a later time.
You will also gain experience in how a small family Ecotourism business runs, and become actively involved with it’s advertising, marketing and PR particularly in promotions in the Ecotourism channels.
And also have an opportunity to attend one or more of our ecotourism yoga retreats to experience it both as a visitor, and as a ‘critical observer’.
How to apply
Please email your CV and any relevant information which you believe would be useful in applying for this work experience.