Mandala Yoga Ashram teacher training
Mandala Yoga Ashram
[frame src=”https://www.burrenyoga.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/YTTC-Leaflet.jpg” width=”IMAGE_WIDTH” height=”IMAGE_HEIGHT” lightbox=”off” title=”IMAGE_TITLE” align=”left” ]
Pantypistyll, Llansadwrn, Llanwrda
Carmarthenshire, Wales, UK, SA19 8NR
Phone +44 (0)1558 685358
About the course
- Opportunity to learn all the skills you need to be a high-quality yoga teacher.
- Fully residential – giving you a unique opportunity to experience ashram life, which will further enrich your teaching capability.
- Outstanding team of 5 tutors with over 90 combined years’ experience of teaching yoga – including Swami Nishchalananda who is well-renowned – plus guest tutors.
- Includes yoga practices not often taught on teacher training courses, including how to teach yoga nidra and meditation.
- Learning is predominantly experiential, enabling your own practice to inspire your teaching.
- Leads to a Diploma from Mandala Yoga Ashram and also an accredited Diploma by the British Wheel of Yoga.
[frame src=”https://www.burrenyoga.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Swami-Nish.jpg” width=”IMAGE_WIDTH” height=”IMAGE_HEIGHT” lightbox=”off” title=”IMAGE_TITLE” align=”left” ]
The Course Director is Swami Nishchalananda Saraswati, who is the Spiritual Head of Mandala Yoga Ashram. He spent many years in India where he studied, practised and taught different paths of yoga.
He has given many courses and retreats in the ashram and throughout Europe. He has conducted and inspired yoga teacher training courses in the ashram and elsewhere so that highly trained teachers can pass on the life-transforming message and teachings of yoga. He feels that yoga is an invaluable practical system and way of life to bring meaning, wisdom and joy into our lives, thereby helping to harmonise society and bring peace into our world.
Mandala Yoga Ashram
The ashram is located in beautiful countryside with stunning views to the Brecon Beacons National Park. It has tranquil gardens perfect for finding peace and contemplation. There is a dedicated practice hall in which course sessions will be conducted, and which can be used for personal practice at other times.
The ashram is independent and was founded in 1986 by Swami Nishchalananda Saraswati who is its spiritual head. Its purpose is to teach and propagate yoga to all people without consideration of class, religion, race or gender.
Food is vegetarian with some of it grown in our garden. Accommodation is simple but comfortable, mostly in small single-sex dormitories for up to 6 people. Bathrooms are shared.
For more information about the Ashram please see:
The website also includes the ashram blog
Prerequisites Applicants should have at least 3 years practice of yoga, a desire to share the benefits of yoga with others through teaching, a willingness to embrace change and an aspiration to go deeper in their yogic experience and understanding.
Dates The course comprises 69 full days of tuition and practice spread over the two years as follows:
- Introductory 2 days which includes the informal interview
- 1-week introductory retreat
- Thirteen 2 or 3-day weekend retreats
- 2-week summer retreats in each year.
Course fee £4650 which covers all tuition and full board at the ashram for the introductory days and all residential retreats. There are additional costs of approximately £530 over the 2 years including final assessments.
Applications Applicants must return completed application forms to arrive at the ashram by 21 June 2015. Interviews will take place in early July.
The course prospectus and application form are available on our website:
Reflections by previous students are available in our Newsletter:
For further information or an informal chat please do not hesitate to contact us: