From experience we know that the best way to practice yoga at home is to use a Yoga CD which has been very carefully planned so that the instructions are very clear and it is possible to follow the clear instructions with your eyes closed (for most of the postures) so that you can get more in touch with your inner world and move towards practicing in a meditational type of state.
When people practice with a DVD it can often turn into more of a fitness workout, with one’s awareness focussed more outwardly on the DVD itself, rather than being able tio tune inwards to notice one’s own energy, one’s own breath and one’s own inner world. Sometimes people even end up lying on the couch and watching the DVD 😉
Click below on the CD title to read more information about each Yoga CD.
- Satyananda gentle yoga CD (suitable for all ages all levels of fitness)
- Satyananda Sun Salutations CD (requires reasonable fitness)
- Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga CD (requires good fitness level, challenging postures)
- Yoga Nidra CD (deep relaxation CD suitable for everyone)
- Mantra Meditation CD (learn how to practice genuine meditation)