The Burren is a magical location on the west coast of Ireland with something for everybody in terms of a holiday.
The Burren is a magical area on the west coast of Ireland and most of it is located in County Clare, with a smaller section inside County Galway.
A great way to be introduced to the Burren is on a week long summer retreat where you will be shown some beautiful locations within the Burren which are well away from the usual tourist places.
It is comprised of spectacular shaped limestone hills which plunge down into the Atlantic ocean.
It is famous for it’s unique range of wildflowers, ancient archaeology, breath-taking geological features, and many internationally known places such as the Cliffs of Moher, the traditional music location of Doolin where one catches the ferry to the Aran Islands, the Aillwee caves and many more.
There are many activities to do including
- visits to see the dolmens and other ancient stone forts and monuments
- visits to local attractions such as the Cliffs of Moher and many more
- spotting the Burren wildflowers
- hill walking in the hills
- boat trips
- much more
Burren Holiday Cottages
There are many different holiday cottages in the area and some of these can be found close to Kinvara anbd Ballyvaughan.
However a nice alternative to Burren holidays cottages is is to consider a Eco Yoga Retreat at the Burren yoga and Meditation Centre which includes
- the best quality yoga and meditation instruction
- guided outings to visit local attractions Aillwee caves, Cliffs of Moher and many more
- outdoor activities including hill walking, surfing, kayaking, strolls by the sea and simply relaxing in Nature
- sample local cuisine for lunch at restaurants and cafes during our guided outings
- amazing vegetarian food by Paddi our famous cook
- optional vegetarian cooking classes
- comfortable accommodation
- all within a genuine yogic environment
The Burren County Clare
The Burren is off the beaten track and although one of the most spectacular places in Ireland, there are only a few well used tourism locations in County Clare. And the rest of the County Clare and the Burren have many special places which are well off the usual tourism trail.
Walking holiday in the Burren
Our eco retreat holidays include walking in the Burren hills and also by the sea. We have a maximum of 15 people on each of our eco retreats, and this is a nice small group for a walking holiday in the Burren as well as seeing many special places. Our guided outings are led by an experienced guide and you will see many places which no tourist would usually see.
Burren Package Holidays
In one way, the eco yoga retreats at Burren Yoga are like a special Burren package holiday. You start each day with a meditation and a yoga class, followed by a lovely breakfast and then the adventure of the day begins with your guided outings to see some of the beautiful places which Dave will take you to.
If you would like to get a better idea of what these eco retreats are like why not have a look at our 6 minute video?