Yoga Teachers Retreat at the Burren Yoga Retreat
Learn with Lisa Petersen in the Burren Yoga Retreat on the magical west coast of Ireland. Come be inspired, grow and thrive as a teacher and practitioner. This time is a gift to you.
This retreat is different: daily outings are shorter (but just as stunning) and we devote more time to the practice and teaching of yoga and meditation.
- Relax in a beautiful environment – we are in a UNESCO Global Geopark – enjoy world class yoga, daily walks in nature, amazing food and the company of old and new friends.
- Experience 28 hours of in-person practice with Ireland’s international teacher trainer in the intimacy of a small group setting (up to 18 students).
- Our daily schedule includes 2 hours class in the morning, 2 hours in the afternoon and an hour in the evening. This allows for spacious learning.
- We offer you guided walks (and swims) in the exquisite Burren landscape every day, followed by lunch in a local eatery. Breakfasts and dinners are created with love and flair by our amazing chefs at the centre using local ingredients.
- All classes, walks and activities are optional: you can chill out at the centre, use the yoga room, put your feet up and read, climb the local hill or simply sit marvelling at the landscape.
- All practices are individually tailored to you. That’s the beauty of a small group. They are infused with heart, presence, curiosity, joy and gratitude for the wisdom of the body and the gift of existence.
- It is Lisa’s intention that your learning journey is practical and accessible so that you can immediately apply it to your practice and your teaching.
- This retreat is for teachers of all levels – whether they have studied with Lisa or not – and for experienced practitioners who wish to take their practice to the next level (physically, mentally, energetically or spiritually).
- We will explore the practice of asana, vinyasa, somatic yoga, breathwork, meditation, restorative yoga and Yoga Nidra through the lens of the world renowned pedagogic model created by master teacher Donna Farhi.
- Classes also draw on experiential or embodied anatomy, modern neuroscience, yoga therapy, developmental and functional movement. As one student said, ‘it’s all there in one package.’
- Enjoy being part of a like-minded community of teachers and practitioners, ‘somanauts’, experiential learners, anatomy geeks and spiritual seekers.
Intimate setting with Lisa Petersen
Special yoga teachers retreat
6-night Yoga Teachers Retreat with Lisa Petersen, qualified Yoga Teacher Trainer, Yoga Therapist and Somatic Movement Educator (in the tradition of Hanna Somatics).
This is an opportunity experience co-inquiry with a teacher trainer who has over two decades of teaching experience, 10,000+ hours of face-to-face teaching with real people in real bodies, and over 15 years of clinical practice.
A Special Note from Lisa
My experiences as both a student and a teacher have shown me that each person has an exquisite inner intelligence that unfolds through skilful education. Learning happens when the student feels safe, and blossoms through cultivating three superpowers: curiosity, exploration and self-inquiry. Teaching students to sense and feel, trust their inner sensory experience and know what to do with it is at the heart of teaching. We’ll journey together over this very special week, exploring and inquiring into the inner landscape of sensation and feeling using asana, vinyasa, restorative yoga, somatic yoga, meditation, Yoga Nidra and breathwork. I’ll offer you a road map so you can find your own way step-by-step and (if you’re teaching) group-by-group.
The Burren Yoga Retreat is located at the foot of the Burren hills nestled amongst the hazel trees. Our practice is infinitely held and supported by the stunning nature around us. From June 2023, I am still carrying the sound of the cuckoo with me and the feeling of the ocean on my skin and in my cells. There is nothing quite like walking on an ancient seabed with 300 million year old fossils, or climbing the hill early and communing with rabbits, foxes and goats. Yoga is everywhere.
Some people come to rest and recuperate; some to be invigorated and inspired. Whatever you come for, my experience is that the Burren staff meet you with grace and genuine care, and the practice does its own inimitable magic.
I am here to serve you. I invite you to explore your practice – and your authentic self – in ways you may only have dreamed of.
Prices of this Yoga Teachers Retreat
Prices per person in Euros
Please note, the prices for this Yoga Teachers Retreat is different to our normal retreats, as there are additional teaching hours.
Click ‘Book Now’ to see which room types are still available and the prices for each of the room types.
Each day we will have a guided outing into the Burren hills or by the sea. This retreat is different: daily outings are shorter, and we devote more time to the practice and teaching of yoga and meditation.
During our guided outing we stop off at one of the local cafes. County Clare excels in global cuisine created from local ingredients. It’s foodie-heaven! Lunch is not included in the price of the retreat, and each person looks after their own lunch, so you can have as little or as much as you like.
All our classes, outings and meals are optional, so you are free to join all or some as you please during the week.
We are famous for our food. So many people have said they would come back time and time again just for the amazing vegetarian food. Our chef prepare all our vegetarian meals with organic and locally sourced vegetables and the finest ingredients.
Enjoy ‘Amazing Vegetarian Food’ by our talented chef
SUITABLE FOR TEACHERS OF ALL LEVELS AND STYLES, AND EXPERIENCED PRACTITIONERS
This special Yoga Teachers Retreat is carefully designed for yoga teachers and experienced practitioners. You will learn new techniques, concepts and practices to deepen your understanding, transforming your time on the mat and your teaching.
It’s a perfect yoga retreat for anybody who wants to find inspiration or receive personal attention from an experienced teacher. Classes are reasonably gentle but work at a very deep level on all the koshas.
There are no comparisons made between people, and this course is suitable for:
Come on your own, or with a friend
A great way to meet like-minded people and make new social connections.
We have a wide range of en-suite bedrooms and also budget sharing rooms to choose from.
A Paradise with surprising ease of access
Only 2 ½ hours drive from Dublin.
Motorway all the way to Gort.
Nearest train and bus station also in Gort.
Gort is 6 miles from the centre.
Nearest airport is Shannon, 45 minutes reduced fare taxi